Please note the following prior to purchasing and scheduling your appointment:
- Materials scheduled for pickup may not be placed at the curbside earlier than 7:00 A.M. the day prior to collection.
Also, materials scheduled for pickup may not be placed at curbside later than 7:00 A.M. of the scheduled day for Large Item collection.
- Materials must be placed curbside where applicable. If the curbside is not an option then materials may be placed behind
the sidewalk within 20’ of the city maintained right of way. Materials should never be placed on the sidewalk for collection. Materials should
not be place under trees with low limbs or under utility lines.
- The average maximum wait for a scheduled pick-up date is two weeks, but may vary according to demand.
- Residential addresses receiving curbside trash and recycling collection are eligible for this service. Business addresses are
ineligible for large item pickup.
- Recyclable cardboard, automotive parts, hazardous waste, tires, paint, liquid waste, h-hold trash, contractor spoils and any construction
debris may not be disposed of via large item pickup.
- The maximum volume limit per pick-up is one dump truck load (10’ by 8’ by 6’). Please call Public Works at 970-3830 if you need
assistance determining the size of your load.
- Brush must be between 3 and 10 feet in length, and no greater than 6 inches in diameter. If you have paid a contractor to cut
down a tree or trim hedges, the city will not dispose of the tree or hedges. In these cases, the contractor or homeowner must dispose of such
material through another means other than Large Item Pickup. Brush must be placed in a separate pile and not mixed with other debris for collection. Brush pile should not contain any other wood debris such as posts, boards or any other manufactured wood.
- Large item appointments are not refundable, nor transferable to another property; payments for cancelled pickups may be used to
reschedule another available pickup for the same property at a later date.
I herewith make application to the Treasurer of the City of Charlottesville for a Large Item Pickup appointment for the above
address. I have read and understand the conditions above.