Please note the following prior to purchasing and scheduling your appointment:
- Materials scheduled for pickup may not be placed at the curbside earlier than 7:00 A.M. the day prior to collection.
Also, materials scheduled for pickup may not be placed at curbside later than 7:00 A.M. of the scheduled day for Large Item collection.
- The average maximum wait for a scheduled pick-up date is
two weeks, but may vary according to demand.
- Residential addresses receiving curbside trash and recycling collection
are eligible for this service. Business addresses are ineligible
for large item pickup.
- Recyclable cardboard, automotive parts, hazardous waste, contractor spoils and any construction debris
may not be disposed of via large item pickup.
- The maximum volume limit per pick-up is one dump truck load (10’ by 8’ by 6’).
Please call Public Works at 970-3830 if you need
assistance determining the size of your load.
- Brush must be between 3 and 10 feet in length, and no greater than 6 inches in
diameter. If you have paid a contractor to cut down a tree or trim hedges, the
city will not dispose of the tree or hedges. In these cases, the contractor or
homeowner must dispose of such material through another means other than Large Item
- Large item appointments are not
refundable, nor transferable to another property; payments for cancelled pickups
may be used to reschedule another available pickup for the same property at a
- I herewith make application to the Treasurer of
the City of Charlottesville for a Large Item Pickup appointment for the above